You might get following error during opening your solution in Visual Studio 2010 if you have a workspace located on a Team Foundation Server 11.
The solution appears to be under source control, but its binding information cannot be found. Because it is not possible to recover this missing information automatically, the projects whose bindings are missing will be treated as not under source control.
This is because you might have upgraded your workspace with Visual Studio 11 to a local workspace.
In that situation you can no longer open your solution with Visual Studio 2010. If you try this you will get the error as shown above.
Create one server workspace for Visual Studio 2010 and another local workspace for Visual Studio 11
- Open the Source Control Explorer in Visual Studio 11.
- Open the Drop Down Button right of the Workspace Label.
- Select Workspaces.
- After opening the Manage Workspace window click Add.
- Enter a name to identify that workspace.
- Under Source Control Folder select the folder you want to map.
- Under Local Folder select the folder where you want to map to.
- Then click Advanced.
- The next step is the important one:
Change your local workspace to a server workspace.
- Follow Steps 1.1 to 1.8
- Select as Location Server.